BSIC Virtual Incubator Resources to Tackle Global Environmental Issues with Blockchain
The Blockchain for Social Impact Coalition (BSIC) Virtual Incubator has officially launched. Below are a number of resources that may be useful…
Join us as the decentralized impact incubator activates a global community of developers, entrepreneurs, humanitarians, students, and makers, and supports them as they build social enterprises using innovative solutions to address some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Join 100s of Developers Apply Here! (Deadline February 18, 2020)
Join over 70 Mentors Apply Here! (Deadline February 18, 2020)
Resources and Beyond
The Ethereum blockchain has a robust set of tools and infrastructure that allow decentralized applications (dApps) to be quickly built and iterated on. This makes it a perfect fit for a rapidly-paced hackathon that explores new and emerging applications.
Ethereum Developer Resources
- Truffle: a development environment, testing framework, and asset pipeline for Ethereum.
- MetaMask: a Chrome browser extension that manages keys and enables web applications to interact with any Ethereum blockchain network.
- INFURA: a provider of remote Ethereum and IPFS nodes.
- Solidity: a popular high-level language used to write smart contracts.
- IPFS: a P2P system that implements a filesystem.
- Ethereumjs-wallet: another alternate implementation of an Ethereum wallet.
- TestRPC: a simulated blockchain for fast testing and iteration.
- Value: $10,000 to the winning team for each target challenge, and $2,500 to the runner-up — a total pool of $50,000 +.
- Mentorship and training: We will provide business development training for all four winning teams to accelerate their solutions beyond PoC stage.
- Visibility: Winning teams will gain exposure through BSIC channels, coalition members’ networks, and more.
- Pitch opportunity: Winning teams will have the opportunity to showcase their solutions in front of impact investors, NGO’s, philanthropists, and charities at the Annual Blockchain for Social Impact Conference
- Virtual Incubator teams will be limited to a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 4; gender diversity is strongly encouraged.
- Virtual Incubator teams must include a minimum of one developer and one individual focused on strategy, impact or business.
- Developers are encouraged to apply both individually and as a team. If you don’t have a team and are selected to participate, you will be able to form a team through our platform.
- Mentors should either have a solid technical background and experience building on/using one of the aforementioned blockchains OR extensive international development and/or strategy experience.
- Mentors will advise teams before and during the virtual incubator.
- Mentors are expected to attend the assigned office hours and/ or be available online to respond within the day.
DO YOU HAVE AN ETHEREUM DAPP OR SOLUTION WE SHOULD USE FOR THE HACKATHON? Contact Us to Become a Tech Partner or Support, Sponsorship packages are available.